Sunday, August 23, 2015

36 WEEKS & STYLING THE BABE

36 weeks....Where has the time gone?! As we passed 1 month until the due date, I couldn't help but look back on "the dark days" as I now refer to them. Just tonight in my parent's living room, Justin and I reminisced on how many nights he came over after work and stayed with me and the kitties on the couch as I ran to throw up about a million times. For a couple of months that was our life, that and wondering what this little hell raiser would be like.

Now we're less than 4 weeks from meeting the little person, we know that "it" is a she, we've both felt her move.... a lot, we've gotten married, moved, set up the room that is now covered in pink (spoiler alert: we're waiting on 2 items to FINALLY post a nursery tour) and washed all of the outfits that we'll soon snuggle her chubby little body. It's quite the physical and emotional journey growing a baby, even for the daddies, The closer we get we could not be more excited to meet her!






How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss? 28 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yep
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep? The past 3 weeks I've noticed a pattern where I can't sleep for 2 hours after I get in bed, I get up to pee all night long with a 2:30am run- no matter what. Also, the pregnancy dreams have been out of control. Example? Last night's old school military air raid nightmare that kept me up from 4:30 until  6am....
Best moment this week? Finally finishing up my wild schedule and focusing purely on baby prep, sleeping while I still can, and setting up work for after she arrives.
Miss Anything? Sleep. bending over to get anything, and riding bikes in the woods.
Movement? 24/7
Food cravings? Coffee, mandarin oranges, and breaded, butter-drenched fried chicken.
Have you started to show yet? Yep. A baby belly just screams to strangers "give me unwarranted parenting advice and never shut up".
Gender prediction? It's a girl
Labor Signs? I went almost a month with no BH. This week we're back to lower back pain, cramping, upper thigh pain, and feeling as though she may fall out any second. 
Symptoms? Everything above, horrible rib pain, and pain before I let down. Little did I know this could happen before the baby is even born....
Belly Button in or out? Out for the count 
Engagement ring on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy! Although lately the random tears have been popping out of nowhere. Poor Justin.
Looking forward to? Looking forward to and dreading our now weekly OB appointments. I'm excited to see if there's any changes and even more excited Justin is off and can finally go with me!


This week has consisted of TONS of preparations. Food prep, nursery prep, and getting everything clean for baby girl. We were so blessed by everybody who came to the shower and sent us gifts. However, the one thing we didn't get a lot of was clothes. This of course was just so torturous to do on our own :) This week baby gap is having a huge sale with an additional 35-40% and free shipping, even on sale items. They had the matching items to bows I'd bought a couple of months ago as well as a smattering of kitty items. Kitties are a favorite among the Culotta's and who doesn't love some cat ears as we move toward fall and halloween? Here are some of my favorites.


Along with dressing our little kitty, I've been playing around with some new recipes for quick dinners or breakfasts that I can prep the night before. Two of the favorites this week were homemade Primanti's sandwiches and overnight oats. They were both delicious! We're total breakfast junkies in this house so anything quick is a go, plus with my food allergies we can never go grab big sandwiches together. According to him, they were as good as the restaurant. Score. There's no link for the sandwiches because Justin came up with them on his own. However, I did use this slaw recipe. The rest of it went a little something like this:

4 slices of bread
4 Steak-ums meat slices seasoned with Montreal steak
a mound of coleslaw on top of the meat
as many french fries as you can fit
a slice of tomato
1 slice of pepper jack cheese (J is the only one that did this since I'm allergic)



Since being pregnant and switching jobs, cooking has become a fun thing to do when I'm home. I love experimenting! My mom has gotten quite a few phone calls around dinner time asking "can I use this in place of that?" and "isn't the expiration date just a suggestion?". Aside from my momma pinterest has been another life saver. On the roster for the next few days are crockpot tuscan chicken stewpumpkin cookiescrockpot wedding soup, and these apple cinnamon rings. If you couldn't tell by the lineup, I'm longing for fall and ignoring the 90 degree days we've been having. Every night when the temperature drops and you can smell campfire in the air it's just another reminder that the best time of year is almost here. 

Before the baby comes I want to prep a bunch of freezer meals but have no idea where to start. Any and all advice on how to do so would be wonderful. If you have some meals you can't live without I'd love to hear from you! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment